I recently found out, as the owner of a building, that the first floor (two bedrooms with bathroom) and the second floor (condominium with two bedrooms) in Cebu City are being listed for rent by a certain Airbnb host.
I have informed Airbnb about it and asked them:
1. To remove my property from the website
2. To cancel all reservations
3. To provide the total amount already paid out in order to be able to claim it back
4. To have the exact name and coordinates of this so-called host
I know someone is squatting in the house and there is already a case in court in order to recuperate my building and personal belongings. After one week, the support service decided to pass my case on to a special service; they closed the file and said all communication would now be done by email. I received an email that I had to send a scanned letter with my complaints and location, and that they would pass it on to the host.
Three days later, after not seeing any reaction, they replied to my email stating that I had to contact the host myself. I answered that this was impossible as I did not have the location of the host.
These are my complaints now:
1. Even there is proof that she cannot put those rooms up for rent as she is not the owner, Airbnb still has them on their website.
2. There is no location listed for this host
3. Nobody contacted my lawyers even though this is a case in court and they should be willing to provide any information
4. Airbnb support refuses to give me the name of the person who is in charge of my complaint and gives no real answers.
5. There has been no reaction at all to the fact that it is against the rules that a property is being rented without the authorization of the landlord.
The only thing I can say that it would be better to have no support staff than having one that is not even capable of giving answers. At least you could expect that they should take immediate action against violation of the rules. Regards and I hope somebody with authorization at Airbnb is looking into my complaint.