My wife and I recently booked our honeymoon accommodation in Hawaii through Airbnb, to save some money after a rather expensive wedding.
We had a thorough look around the website and finally decided on a “Charming Waterfront Cottage”. After we viewed the photos we were quite excited and couldn’t wait to get there.
When we first walked in the door, we noticed a bit of a funky smell but thought the cottage may have just been closed up for a while – so we opened some windows.
It didn’t take us long to work out what the smell was. There was food in the fridge that had been there I don’t know how long and there was so much mold on the bathroom walls and roof, it obviously hadn’t been cleaned in a very long time. I contacted Airbnb and they pretty much told me that it wasn’t their problem and we should just clean it.
Really? It was our honeymoon! Why should we have to clean up someone else’s mess? Needless to say I won’t be booking through Airbnb again, they ruined what was meant to be one of the happiest times of our lives.